Monday, June 6, 2011

~Thankful~

Picked the kids up from daycare Friday...started driving home and it started flooding...was so thankful for the rain. As we got closer to the house it started getting bad...wind blowing hard, raining really hard...I almost pulled over. But I didn't. Got home and there was a limb in our driveway so I had to go around the scupplin vines to get to the back yard. I parked and sat there. I was going to let if slack off some before we got out of the truck...then it started hailing...bad. Like quarter size hail...I went to get my phone to call Jeremy who I thought was inside the house. When he opened the back door of the truck jumped in and just looked at me and said "Talisa" like he did not know what to say. I had the drivers door cracked and the wind blew it open. Not sure how I managed to get it closed but I did. Jeremy grabbed Leah and I grabbed Hanna...not sure how she was breathing I was holding her so tight. I looked over to the left and saw a tree falling on our house. And could just feel the truck shaking. All I could do was pray...pray for God to please protect me and my family. And he did...no doubt that he was watching over us. The tree that fell missed our house by about a foot...completely crushed our pation awning which was attached to the house. So when it fell it ripped the awning of the house off. So the back door was blocked. As it calmed down Jeremy ran with Leah and I ran with Hanna to the front door. Which was locked. Jeremy knocked it in...dead bolt and all. We got inside and ran to the hall just to be safe. But thank goodness it was over. I am so thankful that Jeremy was where he was, so thankful that he was not sitting in his usual spot under the patio. So thankful that it was Hanna's car seat on the side he ran to so that he could push it out of the way and jump in. Hanna was already out of her seat so it was easily moved. So thankful for the hail that kept us in the car...or we could have been standing under the patio when it collapsed, so thankful for the limb that was in the drive way that kept me from going that way...or the tree could have fell on the truck, so thankful that God kept us all safe. It was an eye opener that is for sure...most definately makes me want to start living my life better. To know that just like that it can all be gone...to know that had the truck been parked a few feet away it would have been picked up and tossed...scary. All Hanna was saying was "why is Jesus doing this" over and over she was yelling that...I am pretty sure that she will from now on be scared of the rain. Jeremy was able to get the front door closed thankfully...but we went over to Grandma's thinking she had power. But she didn't. We stayed there anyway...till the power came back on and that was around 10:15. Mom, Dennis, Jenny and Adam came around 8:45 and stayed with us till the power came back on. Thankful for the small amount of damage that we got compared to what could have been...a crushed patio, awning off the house and Hanna's trampoline in the trees...Jeremy 4 wheeler is under the patio and we are scared that it is going to be messed up. But all of that can be replaced!!!! Praise God we are all ok!!!
Saturday we waited around for the insurance adjuster to come out and take pictures. He never came...so at about 3 Jeremy went and caught us some fish to cook!! Came home and cooked them for us along with some fries and hush puppies...
Sunday had church went ate Mexican in Slocomb after church, grandpa came to see the girls, church that night, went to town after church to the gro store, came home ate, listened to some music on the computer, and went to bed!!! Jeremy is off today...sitting around waiting patiently for the ins man to get there so that he can start cleaning up!

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

So sorry that yall had to go through this! But so thankful yall are ok!!!