Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Recap

Well Christmas is officially over :( I think this is my least fav part of the year! We had a wonderful Christmas!! Was off Wed afternoon and did not come back to work till yesterday. Shopped ALL DAY Thursday with mom and the girls...yep that's right I took them with me! Met Korey and Tisa to shop for Grandma and Granddaddy. Friday we had Christmas that night with Jeremy's mom! It was us, Jerrad, Korey, Tisa, Alli, and grandma and granddaddy. Lots of fun, lots of gifts and lots of great pictures! Went home and got cookies and milk ready for Santa...Hanna wanted to sleep on the couch which is where she fell asleep. I later moved her to the bedroom...everyone went to sleep early but I just could NOT sleep...wound up FINALLY going to sleep around 3 am...woke up at 7 to see what Santa had brought us! Lots of toys of course! Hanna was so excited once again this year about the cookies and milk that Santa ate and drank...she was especially excited that Santa left part of the cookie and it had his bite marks in it! Then the excitement grew even more when she saw all her presents! We played for a while then it was time to get ready to head to moms for our Christmas breakfast! It was so yummy as always! Ate, opened more gifts and just enjoyed spending time with my family that I love so dearly!!! Always so much fun being around my sister! :) Left moms and headed to Jeremy's grandma's. I actually helped his grandma in the kitchen this year! That was a first. Well actually all I did was make the pear salad and wash dishes but hey it was fun! I do believe that was the first time I have just spent time with just her and I enjoyed that time with her! May have to go early next time to see her make her dumplings! That would make J happy if I could learn to make those heavenly lumps of dough cooked just right in that creamy chicken sauce that makes you want to sop it up with a biscuit...yep that's what its about right there...:)
Met cousin Jason's wife, Katherine, for the first time! She is such a sweetheart! Hanna played with little cousin Hadley and Hadley who is 9 months just loved watching Hanna! Realized how impossible it is to get a 9 month old a 4 year old and a 3 month old to pose for a picture...and I have pictures to prove that. Got more toys to put in Hanna's shrinking room...which I did however expand some by giving away toys while she was at grandmothers house...such a mean mom I know! Oh and my favorite gift was actually a gift Grandpa gave Hanna...he made her a wooden toy box for her millions of toys! It is so very pretty!!! Sunday went to church that morning and was so so happy that mom and Dennis came!! Spent the rest of the day doing much of nothing other than relaxing and spending time with my girls! Then had to come back to work yesterday...which was as always eventful since I had a blow out on the way to take the kids to daycare. Thankful that my mom in law came once again to my rescue! Now just wanting this week to hurry so I can have a weekend to RELAX!!!

No comments: