Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do you think peanuts smell like Chicken?

Have I said before how much I love this time of year? I am sure I have numerous times...but I am going to say it again! I just LOVE it! And I love the smell of fresh picked peanuts...crazy huh? Yesterday on the way home from work like every other field I passed they were picking peanuts! Funny because when I picked Hanna up we passed a field and Hanna said "Yummy something smells like fried chicken mommy" I thought that was so funny because it was the peanuts! She is so funny sometimes!

Last night I served a delicious delicious dinner!!! Lets see we had scorched rice, over cooked scrambled hamburger meat, extremely dry noodles...(forgot to get butter at the store) and mushy butter beans....I mean seriously you just can not get much better than that!!! Poor Jerrad ate with us last night...I guess it was no surprise that it was not a great cooked meal since he has eaten my food before! I really really wish that somewhere around here offered cooking lessons! I would so pay to take them! I desperately need them!!! I think I could be a good cook if I had more patience...I guess there is not a class offered to teach patience is there?

Hanna has a few new favorite songs...First is Big Green Tractor...yep she loves that one! She also likes the song that says I'm going out with my boots on...not sure who sings that. They listen to country music at daycare so she knows a bunch of country songs. She knows most of the words to Man in the mirror...yes I let my child listen to MJ...lol she also knows some great songs...like Honkey tonk Women by The Stones, Mainstreet by Bob Seger, and Take it on the Run by REO Speedwagon! You all know that kind of music is my favorite! Oh but let me tell you that when we listen to the radio in my car the song that she has a fit about if I turn is....The Blue Bell Country Ice Cream commercial song...lol!

So glad that Friday is finally in sight! Although I think I may come in and work Sat morning for a while. Can not wait to watch the game....really hoping that those Bama boys puts it to the VOLS...That is a team that really do NOT like!

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

I like my butter beans mushy!

Peanuts smell like chicken? I must be missing something cause I think they smell like dust!

Hanna is so funny! I love her!