Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Update...

Well its been 7 weeks since sweet little Leah was born and I can not believe how fast time has flown by! Today is my first day back at work and I am not happy about being here. I love my job wouldn't trade it for any other job in the world other than being a full time mommy!! :) I have had so much fun these past 7 weeks with Leah and Hanna! I have kept Hanna here with me most of the time I have been home! I just felt guilty sending her to daycare knowing we were at home so I kept her with us! I did send her some though just so she would not forget the routine of daycare. So...let me go back 7 weeks and start from there...
Sept 7Th me and Jeremy had to be at the hospital at 5:30 which we could not understand because my c-section was not scheduled until 11..WELL... (Hanna was with her grandmother she spent the night the night before with them) we get to the hosp check in and the nurse comes in and starts my IV and is getting me prepped for the day when I ask her....what is the purpose of us being here so early if we are not scheduled until 11...that's when she looks at me and says "Ummm sweetie you are scheduled for 7:15" now by this time it was after 6am when she told me this...see that would have been great had we not told all of our family to be there at 10!!! So we frantically started calling everyone telling them to come on to the hospital. The main person we were worried about was Hanna...we wanted to be sure she was there when her sister was born! And she was infact everyone made it in time...even the ones who had to come from out of town! So I remember them taking me into the delivery room where they were to do my c-section and all I can remember is the LOUD music blasting! They were listening to classic rock! :) And the last song I remember hearing was Hotel California so from now on that is what I will think about when I hear that song! Anyway the spinal block that they done instead of the epidural was not near as bad as I thought it was going to be...it did not hurt when they put it in but afterwards was a little freaky! Its weird because its made to make you not be able to feel anything from the neck down....which means you can take a deep breath in and it feels like your not breathing because you cant feel your chest moving...so I kinda freaked out! But thankfully that happens to everyone and the sweet sweet nurse was there to calm be down! What was probably about 10 minutes seemed like an eternity for them to get me ready Jeremy could not come in there until they were right ready to start. Finally he got there and once he grabbed my hand I felt so much better! Leah showed us all that she has a set of lungs that work really well because she started crying just as soon as they took her out! I tell you that is the BEST sound in the world to hear your baby cry for the first time! I was beyond happy! The stay at the hospital was great I had such wonderful nurses and was so thankful for that! When we came home for the first 5 nights Karen stayed with us which was such a blessing because she cooked for us, cleaned and helped me with the girls! Jeremy was off for 2 weeks too so I really loved us all being able to spend all that time together! Also the ladies at the Church brought us supper 2 nights which was great also! So thankful for such a great church family! My 8 weeks off was so wonderful! I actually kept Hanna home with us most of the time so I got to spend time with both my girls! The 8 weeks just went by way to fast...way to fast!!!! Now I am back to work and want more than anything to be able to be home with them again!

Last week was my first day back to work. I can in and worked Monday and that night got a call that no one ever wants to get. I found out that my Uncle Milan had passed away...Dennis was the one who called to tell me...and I just keep hearing the words that he told me over and over and over again...I still feel like its some dream that I am stuck in. We found out that night so I stayed home from work for the next 3 days. I can honestly say last week was the worst week of my life without a doubt. I rode by moms this morning after taking Jeremy his phone to the post office and Uncle Milan's car and truck were sitting there...It is so hard for me to grasp the fact that he is gone. Never again will I see him walking across the yard with his camera around his neck, never again will I see him walking in the snow with flip flops, never again will Hanna be able to help him plant potatoes or water his garden, I will miss him dearly and miss so many things about him. I loved uncle Milan and no matter what anyone thinks or says I know he was a great man who loved his family tons

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

Wow I logged on this morning and saw that you had updated!

I can't believe Leah is almost 2 months old now!

Still so hard to grasp about Uncle Milan!