Monday, August 16, 2010

Out with the old "Talisa" and in with the new!!!

Isn't it funny how certain situations and certain people bring out the very best in you but yet there are those who are the complete opposite and bring out the very worst in you. I am trying to keep my self from slipping backwards and am trying very hard everyday to be a better Christian. I do realize that there are certain people in my life that bring me down and I have not figured out just how to deal with those certain ones. Thankfully it is no one in my family!I do believe that everything happens for a reason...I believe that all the people who are no longer a part of my life there is a reason for that as well. I have been struggling for sometime with my swearing...I try so hard to be a better person and I have been. But last week when I was arond this one certain person the first sentence I said to them I was swearing! Now as soon as I did I felt bad and I also realized hey...I have not been doing this and I know that without a doubt it was more because of who I was around. Now I am very thankful that I do not have an addiction to drugs or alcohol but hey all sin is equal so my swearing is just as bad . I do know that I am getting to where I need to be and have not been here in a very long time. Me nor Jeremy have...and now that we heading in that direction despit all the things the devil has thrown at me I still feel better now that I have ever before and I feel much closer to the Lord. Our preacher says that we need to give all thanks to God for all that is happening in our church...and I do but I can say that I can thank Bro. Lee personally for some of the changes in my life the last few weeks. I know that he is just preaching God's word but you see that's what all preachers do. I have gone to church all my life minus a few years but still went occasionally. Well I can not remember when the last time I have been excited about going to church like I have been since Bro Lee became our pastor. He just really knows how to get the message out I guess he is right...even with that said I should thank God for placing him in our church! It has been years and years since I have been to church on Sunday nights or Wed nights...and we have been going recently Sunday morning, night and we went last wed and plan on going this Wed to. I am ashamed to say that for the first 3 years of Hanna'a life we did not go to church other than on special occasions. And as parents we failed her in that department. But I can promise that from here on that will not happen again. I am so proud of Jeremy and myself for finally getting back into church and am so excited to witness the changes that have and will take place in our lives because of it. Not really sure what made me want to blog about this...maybe years down the road I can look back and see that this is where things changed for us...for the good that is! I love my family more than anything in this world and am so happy that we are a church going family. Any of you who is reading that who does not have a church I invite you to come out and join us I can promise that you will not be dissappointed.

2 comments:

JB said...

what church do you go to?

Jenny Strickland said...

I want to start going to church with yall on Wednesdays!!!!