Tuesday, April 21, 2009

~A few memories and remember whens~

It is so weird to me how things remind you of things...Like how the smell of fresh cut grass reminds me of summertime when I was little swimming in the pool. how the first sip of Pepsi reminds me of my Aunt Linda's house when we were little...that is all they used to drink is Pepsi. Gosh that was some fun time there at their old house. I just sometimes really miss being little.:) Then there is songs...oh how songs can remind me of so many things...like
Freshmen - reminds me of the ride home from Hartford with "RF"
Breakfast at Tiffany's - trip to Montgomery and the breakfast at the WH!
Push It- Jeris LOL get out your ****!!!!
Pump Up the Volume- Me and Jenny's dance in the car
Push-Matchbox 20- Hartford days....
Comfortably Numb- summer of 94 at Carriage House Appts
Brown eyed girl - cows in the parking lot Montgomery....!!!
Come Down-(this cloud)...Ishmael
Somethings (Bonita) in the way...
So many more that it would take forever to name! If I left out any important songs please remind me!
I used to love watching nick at night when it was Donna Reid, Dennis the Mennace, Mr. Ed, I love Lucy...gosh I loved all of those shows. I wish they still came on. And remember Full House, And Perfect Strangers! Oh and I know all of you used to try to guess which color sweater Mr. Rogers was going to put on. And Bob-A-Lou skating was awesome and now it is no longer there! Even though I never learned to skate it was still fun to hang out there and pull myself along the wall!
And how about all of these things:
Popples, Trapper Keepers, and when you were joking about something you would say "Psyche!", Garbage Pal Kids (I loved those), Polly Pockets, POGS!!!!, Pound Puppies! NKOTB!!!! And the list goes on.....
Things just change so much over time and sometimes I just wish things would stay the same! I wonder what things Hanna will look back on when she gets to be my age!

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

LOL!!!!! Ishmel... I can't believe I though it said that!

WOW... Pepsi does remind me of Aunt Linda's old house... Gosh I miss that place... We had some good times there!

What about how perfume smells! Like today Jess had Victoria Secret Dream Angel on and I was like WOW... That brings back memories!