Monday, November 24, 2008

I think my clock is broken....

It has been a while since I have posted anything...I guess because I really do not have time to. But then again why not just do it here at work? I mean it is not like I need to bust my tail to get all of my work done when no one else does...And it is not like they are paying me to bust my tail to work...in fact that is far from being true!!!! Seems the way to get paid really well around here is to push papers around and go behind everyone else checking what they do...The thing is I just do not feel right doing that...If I were a supervisor that would be different...Apparently others do not think that way since half of their time is spent checking work that has already been done... Jeremy says I am a completely different person during the week when I have to work. There is a reason for that....I get so ill at this place. Not so much what I do but the people I am surrounded by...I am so thankful that I get off Wed at noon and do not come back until Tuesday!!! Yippee!!! Now if only I can make it till then.

I am really excited that Jeremy is finally going to get full time at the post office!! That comes after only 7 years of waiting! I am excited that he will now have Saturdays off which means we will be able to do more stuff as a family together! We did go to the zoo last weekend! Hanna had so much fun! She wanted to take the baby elephant home with us! He was really cute! The elephants were my favorite! The are such huge amazing animals! It is so heartbreaking that people hunt them! I mean how in the world could you see something as amazing as a huge elephant and want to kill it? That is so beyond me I can not even begin to understand!

I watched some of the music awards last night...I know that some will make fun of me for this but New Kids on The Block were awesome! Watching them brought back so many great memories....And even though some may not admit it I know you feel the same way!

Jenny is now engaged! I am so happy for her! She really deserves the best and I think she has found that! I really like Adam he really seems to be great for Jenny! Plus he has won Hanna over! She absolutely adores him!

I guess since my family is so close it is just really hard for me to understand the "other" side of my family that does not bother to try and see us...By other I mean my biological father...I mean I have tried to make an effort to be a part of what he calls "his family"...."his family" being his current wife her 2 kids and her mother...well lets see the last time I checked I was his family as well....but you see it does not work that way...Don't get me wrong I like his wife, she has never been anything other than nice to me. And I also get along with her kids...I mean we are not close and I do not see them other than at holidays. And even then there really is no conversation between us...Oh and I was not invited to either of their weddings...but whose to say I would have even went...Anyway it just pisses me off that it is always me making time for "his family" and there never is a time for just us...Hanna is never going to be comfortable around him because every time we are around them there is always lots of others around...anyway I have made my offer and asked when we could have time for just us...I am still waiting on a reply from that...I know this is my personal business but it makes me feel better to write about it if that makes any sense...Speaking of family I found out that Jeremy's family (the Hatcher side) is having Thanksgiving on Saturday...Everyone in Jeremy's family knows that Jeremy works on Saturday...he has worked on Saturdays for 7 years...but that is ok because all the other family will be there....I mean why not just make it for thanksgiving day or Friday or even Sunday? Anyway maybe we will see them at Christmas maybe they will remember then that Jeremy works on Saturdays! All of this just bothers me I guess because I am so close with my mom and our side of the family. With all of this being said let me just say how thankful I am to have Phil, Dennis, Mr. Bobby and Mr. Jerry in our life...I can not imagine Hanna growing up and not having a granddaddy to be close to...I loved my Granddaddy more than anything in this world and a lot of my childhood memories are of me and him. So I am just glad that between Dennis, Phil Bobby and Jerry Hanna will have those wonderful memories of her granddaddies as well...I know that some might be offended by this...but just try to think of this from my point of view...

I really think time has stopped...maybe my clock is broken...This day is never going to be over!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

I love you! Thanks you for being such a wonderful sister!!!! You are the best!!!!!