Monday, August 4, 2008

ok so my sister has been using this blog site for a while now and she recently told me about it. After reading all of her blogs I just thought it would be neat to start doing this myself. Thought it would be a neat way for friends and family to read and keep up with stuff little miss Hanna does...

My weekend was pretty good just not long enough! I was out of work with Hanna Friday. She was sick again! I feel so bad for her because I feel like there is always something. I guess that is to be expected with daycare germs and all...If only I could stay home with her...anyway so we spent our weekend at home! It was so nice to not have anywhere to go and just to spend the whole weekend with Jeremy and Hanna. Plus it gave Hanna time to get better so that she could go to daycare today. I am hoping to work all week this week!!!
We played all weekend! We cooked in Hanna's play kitchen, made all kind of stuff with play-doh, played with her baby dolls, put a few puzzles together, she helped me clean and she helped me cook! We all had so much fun! It is just weird to me to have a conversation with someone that is so small (Hanna)...She simple amazes me at the stuff that she says and at the way that she can pretty much carry on a full conversation with me. Yesterday afternoon we were sitting on the couch watching Dora and Hanna looked at me and said "mommy I want to cook supper" so we went to the kitchen and she pushed her chair up to the counter and helped me cook supper. As I was putting pepper on the chicken she asked me "mommy why you put dirt on the chicken" I was trying to explain to her that it was kind of like salt...well when the chicken was ready Hanna pushed it away and told me she did not want any chicken because it was dirty...lol. After supper I was washing dishes and Hanna was playing with her magnets on the fridge. I am sure everyone has seen those wooden letter magnets, well when I turned around Hanna had lined all of her red letters up all of the blue ones, yellow and green one. Each color was in a neat little line underneath the other color...she was so proud to show me and daddy what she had done! We had so much fun this weekend! So this morning when we were going to daycare she asked me where we were going and I told her that we were going to daycare that mommy had to go back to work but that I would be back this afternoon to get her and she said" ok, then we will cook supper more" I just absolutely love her to death! I wish so much to be able to stay home with her. I just feel like there is so much I miss with her being at daycare all day. Hopefully sometime in the future that will be able to happen!!!

So today is Monday and I am back at work! I really do love my job I have to remind myself of that every hour or so...I am however in much need of a vacation!!! A day sitting on the beach getting some sun, watching Hanna play, listening to the waves and watching a beautiful sunset is all that I need!

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

It sounds like yall had so much fun! I can't wait to see yall!!! Maybe I can come over one night and eat supper with yall that Hanna has helped cook!!!
She is growing up so fast... It seems like yesterday I was down there helping you with a screaming baby!!! I love yall!!!!