Friday, September 16, 2011

HANNA...

Ok so thinking back to high school my group of friends were not really competitive when it came to things like clothes, shoes and stuff like that. Meaning we really did not have to have top of the line name brand jeans. If one got them the other did not feel like they had to have them as well. So Hanna and her group of friends are that way already...and they are only 5 years old. Let me explain what I mean. Hanna will not wear jeans unless they cover the tops of her shoes. You can not wear jeans that show your socks unless you want to get made fun of...says my 5 year old. You can not wear ANY socks that show what-so-ever at any time!! Even with jeans on you still have to wear ankle socks. You can not wear "plain" jackets with not writing on it...you can not wear any kind of hair accessory that "makes your head look big" You can not wear plain colored shorts...like pink or purple...only jean shorts are acceptable. You have to wear shoes with writing on them...plain shoes without the blue tag on the back or a check mark on the side are not acceptable!!! In other words Nike, keds or Toms are the only form of shoes that are accepted...unless you want to wear flip flops...and if you wear flip flops only the kind with the "black bottoms" (yellow box maybe? are accepted. So basically she is already wanting all name brand stuff and she is only 5!!!!! I mean really...I thought that did not start till way later in age. Times change so much...and things that teenagers would be embarrassed about now 5 year olds are getting embarrassed about. Makes no sense. Sad really that our children are that way. I have NEVER in my entire life been that way. EVER!!! None of my Friends were really...to some extent maybe but nothing like Hanna is explaining. I mean I can not imagine how things will be when she is a teenager. I wonder how much of it is brought on by the parents...only buying top of the line name brands for themselves...and that passes on to the kids. Really whats the big deal about going to wal-mart and buying shirts, jeans...or Lord forbid you go to walmart and get shoes with no writing on them. It puts me in a hard place...do I give in to lifestyle of only name brand stuff and create a child who expects that..or do I not and just let her deal with kids making fun of her???? That's a really tough decision. I do not want to teach her that you have to "keep up with the Jone's" but then I do not want her to deal with a low self esteem from kids making fun of her shoes that may not have writing on them...Yesterday she wanted a little braid down the side of her hair. Just one braid. That's the way Shelba Grace wears her's sometimes...so Hanna wanted her's that way. So I did it...well as we are walking out the door Hanna says to me...I hope Shelba Grace is there today because I want her to see that my braid is prettier than hers. Today is class pictures...so I got Hanna a cute new shirt to wear. On the way to school in the back seat she says "I hope Shelba Grace is there today because I look prettier than her today...I just do not know what to even say or think about that! Apparently there is a little competition between Hanna and Carlee and this little Shelba Grace girl.
Any who...yesterday Hanna said that there was a little boy kicking dirt on her at recess...so she went and told Will...Well Will said that he was going to invite that little boy to his house and when he got there he was going to kick some bricks on him for kicking dirt on Hanna!!! Lol...love that little Will!!!!

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

LOL! I don't even know what to say except for I WANT BOYS!!!!

But I'm sure Uncle Adam would buy her anything she wants!

Love that Will!